Positively Wholesome has the perfect solution for you.
Choose from one of our Culinary Nutrition Education Workshops or select all three!
The Subtle Art of Making the Holidays Healthy
We all know what the holidays can do to our healthy eating intentions. Parties, dinners, and snacking can get us way off track and can make us feel guilty for indulging. The holidays are meant to be enjoyed but that does not have to mean throwing away all of your hard work. There are ways to make the holidays healthy. Whether it’s a warming drink, sweet treats or sides to go with that traditional roasted turkey, healthy eating doesn’t have to be put aside. So if you are going to indulge over the holidays, why not join us? This workshop addresses the challenges we face, tips to survive the holidays and recipes that are quick and easy to prepare, and are also nutritious and delicious. All the recipes are gluten-free and dairy-free.
- St. Thomas location: Thursday, December 6 from 7pm-9pm at The Atrium (registration closes Tuesday, December 4)
- Port Stanley location: Thursday, December 13 from 7pm-9pm at Great Lakes Farms (registration closes Tuesday, December 11) (cancelled but you are welcome to join us in St. Thomas)
Eating for Happiness
What you eat can have a huge impact on your mental health. As busy people we sometimes neglect our mental health and personal well-being. And, as residents of Canada we know what the dark days of winter can do to our happiness. This workshop is designed to focus on incorporating foods with depression-fighting nutrients to help us shake off those winter blues and feel our best. All the recipes are gluten-free and dairy-free.
- St. Thomas location: Thursday, January 10 from 7pm-9pm at The Atrium (registration closes Tuesday, January 8)
- Port Stanley location: Thursday, January 24 from 7pm-9pm at
Great Lakes FarmsLocation change to a venue in St. Thomas contact for details (registration closes Tuesday, January 22)
Smoothies and Elixirs Magic
Smoothies and elixirs are a powerful way to tuck a payload of nutritious foods into a delectable, easy-to-digest package. Though what may seem like second nature to the experienced, inventive, nutrient-packed smoothies can be life changers for people transitioning to healthier ways of living and eating. For those already well versed in smoothies, it can be easy to fall into a rut of having the same thing every day. Join us for this workshop from the Culinary Nutrition Expert Program to learn how to create delicious and nutritious drinks that will change your nutrition game. This class has something for everyone – long time smoothie and elixir drinkers and newbies alike. All of the recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free.
- St. Thomas location: Thursday, February 7 from 7pm-9pm at The Atrium (registration closes Tuesday, February 5)